Grayson Capps & The Lost Cause Minstrels
Click Here to Order CD & Vinyl Online
Click Here to buy the MP3 from itunes
Click Here to Order the Official Lost Cause Minstrels Men's and Women's T-Shirts Online
Grayson Capps’ fifth studio album, The Lost Cause Minstrels, finds the Mobile, Alabama-based singer-songwriter coming of age. But that doesn’t mean his often unholy tales of the Southern Gothic have lost any of their sting. Quite the contrary, Capps’ Tao-tinged philosophical musings revealed inside songs shuddering with spit, stomp and snarl are as potent as ever. Look no further than “Highway 42,” “No Definitions” and “Rock N Roll” to hear that Capps cedes no quarter. It’s just that this time his bark and bite is more accepting of the unanswered questions mucking up the universe. And yes, occasionally, even a celebratory mood prevails like the horn-fueled romp “Ol’ Slac,” an ode the rebirth of the Mobile, Alabama Mardi Gras, or “Coconut Moonshine,” a character sketch based on Mr. Jim who inhabits the hallowed roadside barbecue joint in Ocean Springs, Mississippi. Two rare but classic American roots’ numbers are born again here, as well: Taj Mahal’s country-blues paen “Annie’s Lover” and Richard Rabbit Brown’s jaunty “Jane’s Alley Blues,” (the original recording preserved on Harry Smith’s Anthology of American Folk Music).
1. Highway 42 2. Coconut Moonshine 3. John The Dagger 4. Jane’s Alley Blues 5. Chief Seattle 6. Yes You Are 7. Annie’s Lover 8. Ol’ Slac 9. Paris France 10. No Definitions 11. Rock N Roll
Live at The Paradiso
Click here to order from Amazon.com.
Click here to purchase the digital album on iTunes.
Hailing from Alabama and spending over a decade in New Orleans, critically acclaimed singer-songwriter Grayson Capps has built a loyal following the world over. Nowhere is this more evident than in Holland where his shows draw impassioned fans who hang on every lyric from the Southern troubadour. In May 2008, Grayson headlined the legendary Amsterdam venue, The Paradiso, for a solo acoustic performance. Playing over two hours, he enthralled the audience with stories from his life and favorites from his repertoire, including "Get Back Up," "Poison," and "A Love Song For Bobby Long."
DVD Track listing:
1. Back to the Country 2. Jukebox 3. Give It To Me 4. I See You 5. Fear Fruit Bearing Trees 6.Cry Me One Tear 7. Pop's Pond
8. If You Knew My Mind 9. Waterhole Branch 10. Mercy 11. Guitar 12. Barbara Allen 13. Love Song For Bobby Long
14. Arrowhead 15. Buckshot 16. Dawson's Story 17. Get Back Up 18. Ike 19. New Orleans Waltz 20. Lorraine's Song
21. Big Ole Woman 22. Washboard Lisa 23. Fox on the Run 24. Poison 25. Graveyard 26. Gotta Go
"Rott 'N' Roll"
Grayson Capps - Rott 'N' Roll
1. Back To The Country 2. Arrowhead 3. Gran Maw Maw 4. Psychic Cannel Blues 5. The Waltz 6. Big Black Buzzard 7. Ike 8. Sun Don't Shine on Willy 9. Big Ole Woman 10. Guitar 11. Fear Fruit Bearing Tree 12. Sock Monkey 13. Bacon
"Wail & Ride"
Grayson Capps - Wail and Ride
Produced by Trina Shoemaker and Grayson Capps\
1. Wail & Ride 2. Jukebox 3. New Orleans Waltz 4. Daddy’s Eyes 5. Give It To Me 6. Poison 7. Mermaid 8. Broomie 9. Junkman 10. Uncle Ed Lee 11. Cry Me One Tear 12. Waterhole Branch
Grayson Capps, James House, Tommy MacLuckie, Guthrie Trapp, Charlie Judge ,Trevor Brooks, Josh Kerin ,John Milham ,Larry Paxton
"If You Knew My Mind"
Grayson Capps - If You Knew My Mind
CD: Out of Print ***Special Edition Reissue News Coming Soon
1. Get Back Up (4:01) 2. If You Knew My Mind (3:01) 3. Slidell (3:53) 4. I Can't Hear You (3:36) 5. Love Song for Bobby Long (4:52) 6. Graveyard (3:59) 7. Mercy (3:40) 8. Lorraine's Song (4:50) 9. Washboard Lisa (3:34) 10. Buckshot (3:49) 11. How's I To Know (3:20) 12. I See You (4:02)
Grayson Capps - acoustic/brass guitar,vocal, harmonica, drum, Tommy MacLuckie - electric guitar, harmony vocal, Trina Shoemaker - harmony vocal, shaker, backing vocal, Ryan Donohue - bass, Michael Barras - drums, Trevor Brooks - piano, organ, John Milham - drums, Rosalind Gonsalver - harmony vocal, Daron Douglas - violin, Mike Voelker - drums
"A Love Song for Bobby Long"
Movie Soundtrack: "Love Song for Bobby Long"
Buy Online from Hyena Records
1. Someday - Los Lobos 2. Lorraine's Song - Theresa Andersson & Grayson Capps 3. Bone - Thalia Zedek 4. Bobby (Original Score) - Nathan Larson 5. Different Stars - Trespassers William 6. Lonesome Blues - Lonnie Pitchford 7. Early Every Morning - Magic Slim 8. I Really Don't Want To Know - John Travolta 9. Barbara Allen - John Travolta 10. This Isn't It - Giant Drag 11. Daughter Like Mother (Original Score) - Nathan Larson 12. Rising Son - Big Bill Morganfield 13. Washboard Lisa - Grayson Capps 14. Blonde on Blonde - Nada Surf 15. Praying Ground Blues - Lightnin' Hopkins 16. Love Song For Bobby Long - Grayson Capps
In conjunction with Lion’s Gate Films nationwide release of the motion picture,
A Love Song For Bobby Long, starring John Travolta and Scarlett Johansson, HYENA Records presents the film’s one-of-a-kind soundtrack. It features previously unreleased music by Grayson Capps, Theresa Andersson and John Travolta as well as songs by Los Lobos, Nada Surf, Thalia Zedek, Trespassers William, Giant Drag, Magic Slim and Lightnin’ Hopkins.
Grayson Capps - Songbones
1. Slidell 2. Washboard Lisa 3. Guitar 4. Graveyard 5. I Can't Hear You (listen) 6. Mermaid 7. Junior 8. Junkman 9. Psychic Channel Blues 10. I See You
...A LIMITED EDITION CD RELEASE OF THE LONG SOUGHT AFTER GRAYSON CAPPS ACOUSTIC RECORDING FROM THE 9th WARD PICKIN' PARLOR SESSION...
Stories from the Blue Moon Cafe III
Available in Bookstores Now! / Order from Amazon.com